Sunday, August 7, 2016

Pokemon Go

Perhaps you may remember the old Pokemon games you've played when you were a kid, going around, catching stuff, battling others, and possibly evolving the Pokemon you found, well the newest Pokemon game, which is called Pokemon Go, is something completely different. Where shall I start? Well, let's go back to the beginning. Pokemon Go was released on July 7th, 2016 by Niantic, its company. The way you play this game is very different from what you'd expect. Apparently, how you play it involves walking around your neighborhood/city/wherever you live, collecting Pokemon, and also retrieving loot from "Pokestops", random places which have all sorts of stuff like Pokeballs, and whatnot. I know, must sound pretty weird compared to what you probably played in the 1990s. This game is so popular, nowadays I see practically everyone looking on their phones. Some good things about Pokemon go is that it convinces people who've played games like Pokemon x and y to get out there and see a whole different world of where they live (Whenever I go outside to catch Pokemon, I kind of feel like I'm in their world, going a long way from home, even though we don't usually go that far, and in some cases, we go somewhere I am very familiar with), and also maybe becoming more social than previously, this can really help people who have social problems. Something else good about Pokemon Go is, personally for me, where I live. See, I live near a library which is known for having a lot of Pokestops. I don't know if this is something you like about Pokemon Go, but whatever. Going outside used to not really be my thing, but I've seen the world in a different way ever since I started playing Pokemon Go. However, there are also some problems with playing Pokemon Go like this, for example, safety. You may be walking along the crosswalk, and then bam! a car hits you before you can get out of the way. Then a second problem is people's personal property, there are most definitely those moments when you see a very, very rare Pokemon, or maybe a Pokestop on someone's lawn, he probably won't like it that you're trespassing just to catch a Dragonite, or say you go into a construction site, you'll be putting your own life in danger. Also, remembering your way back can be a big problem. Say you're hiking somewhere very unfamiliar, and then you notice a Pokestop you really need that's in a detour, and after a long time of walking just for something in a game, you can't remember your way back. One last problem (which I'm not really sure is that big of a deal) is where you live, some of you probably feel its unfair that Pokestops are closer to someone else's' house than yours. So yes, Pokemon Go may be very popular, but there are the hazards of playing it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment